africaFISH aims to be a successful and profitable business but how we operate is also very important to us. africaFISH is guided by a commitment to genuine sustainable development i.e. development that provides economic returns and generates benefits for communities and the environment.
We believe that a holistic approach to value creation with sustainable development as the ultimate goal can generate additional value economically, socially and environmentally and therefore improve the quality and long-term viability of our business. This results in our strategy having three inter-linked elements:
- our strategy to be a profitable business
- our strategy to create social value
- our environmental strategy
We strive to be the benchmark for how foreign direct investment is delivered in developing countries. We aim to demonstrate that not only can growth be generated with positive effects on the environment and for poverty eradication but that it is ‘good business’ and should be the model of choice.
In this way, we believe we can contribute to the delivery of:
- the UN Millennium Development Goals in Africa;
- individual countries Sustainable Development and Poverty Reduction Strategies;
- Africa’s agriculture and aquaculture agenda